Local Breakdowns Tips
Local Breakdowns Tips You might not be in as much danger if you breakdown on quieter side roads; but breaking down anywhere is always potentially dangerous, particularly if you are obstructing other vehicles. If this is the case, then follow these alternative five steps:
We cover breakdown in Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Blackburn in Liverpool and towns such as Horwich, Tottington, Heywood, Farnworth, Walkden, Radcliffe, Ramsbottom, Chorley, Belmont, etc.
- 1. Active your hazard warning lights and put on a reflective jacket (if possible). Put your sidelights on in dark, foggy or wet conditions so that other road users have a better chance of seeing your vehicle.
- 2. Get passengers safely away from the vehicle when the road is clear if you feel that there is a possibility of your car being hit by other road users.
- 3. Put up a warning triangle about 50 yards behind your vehicle on the same side of the road so that other motorists have time to prepare.
- 4. Phone your breakdown cover provider and wait for assistance.
- 5. If your vehicle is made operational again at the side of the road; make sure that you carefully retrieve your warning triangle and ensure a safe gap in the traffic before moving off.